Monday, April 26, 2010

Monday inspiration~Community


Hello everyone!  This is my latest daily drawing.  I did do other drawings this week, but they were on commission so I don't want to share them here.  I also did a bit of designing for a class I am in.



This is a logo that I designed for myself that I may or may not actually use.  The requirements were very restricting so if I had free reign I might actually make something quite different.  Nontheless, I like it!  I hope you do too.  I also made letterhead, an envelope, and business cards to go with it as sort of an identity package.





So yes, hard at work.  Keeping up the pace.  Nice to be prolific!  Now, back to that drawing I showed you earlier....


I've just been showing you these drawings without really telling you that sometimes I AM thinking of something when I draw them.  Other times, I think of something after I draw it, sort of find a hidden significance.  So what about the one above you ask?  Well, I was thinking about what it means to live in relationship to others, in a true loving community.  How real communion with someone(s) is never a diminishing experience.  It is a place where all parties involved can express themselves fully because they are loved and safe.  Out of that fulness comes a true connection.  The rainbow is an image of individual colors that are clearly visible but merge with each other to become even more hues.  So when we connect with others in this healthy way, we can be more, do more than we could on our own.  I would hope that all of my close relationships are this way.  Of course there are things that you give up, things like total autonomy and personal space, but those should always be freely and generously given believing in exponential return, not begrudgingly. 

So as I sit in front of this glowing box plucking away at little black squares with letters on them, I am reminded that HERE, on this blog, I am building community.  To the extent which I am transparent and genuine, I am creating a space to express my genuine self to others.  An opportunity to connect to my would-be tribe of sorts.  And you, my reader, are invited to witness (and participate, if you wish) as I fumble my way along the path of "artist".  My triumphs and struggles become collective and potentially transforming in a way that is greater than if I kept it all to myself.  And for this great honor, I THANK YOU!!!

Be inspired!

1 comment:

  1. I love the whimsy in your letterhead. Very nice. It's always great to hear the story behind the artwork too. It's nice to meet another artist.

    ReplyDelete