Thursday, February 6, 2014

Put A Bid On It!


In my last post, I shared that I had been accepted to participate in an expressive arts work/study working with survivors of human trafficking in Nepal. A dream come true for me to use my God-given gifts to serve others, particularly vulnerable women and children.

Part of making this dream a reality for me is that I decided to raise funds with an online silent auction. I'm very excited to announce that my "Put a Bid On It" Nepal Benefit Auction is up and running! In fact, it is BLOWING UP!!

Due to the great generosity of my extended network of friends and colleagues, I have been able to list over 60 items and have already raised over $3000!! I've been so busy I hadn't even had a chance to write to you about it here.

The most beautiful part of this is that so many people have come forward, from all different backgrounds and faiths and joined with me in this effort. I am feeling very blessed and sense all of you behind me. Thank you for that.

Some of the items still up for grabs:









These items and many more are available at the auction site 

There are several ways you can help me make this auction a success 
and this trip a reality:
  1. Consider donating a product or service, I can STILL list items!! This auction has had thousands of page views. This would be a great way for you to promote your business while supporting a great cause.
  2. Reach out to anyone you think might be willing to donate something, especially if you know someone with a following that would draw a crowd. You MUST know SOMEONE! :)
  3. "Put a Bid On It" - take a look at the offerings and see if there is something you might like for yourself or a loved one. Here's the link again http://www.32auctions.com/putabidonit.
  4. Don't feel like buying anything? There's also a donate button on the auction's front page.
  5. Spread the word! Do you know anyone with a heart for survivors of trafficking? Someone interested in the arts or healing? Someone who like to make dreams come true and make the world a better place? Send 'em over!
  6. Last but not least, PRAY. I know that if it's meant to be, it will happen, but I still believe in the power of prayer.




A picture from last year's program. Help me get there!!

Thank you for reading and joining me in this quest. I leave you with a quote from a great woman of faith, who made a tremendous difference in the lives of many ... 






No comments:

Post a Comment